Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas tidings

According to weather.com, today's high in my neck of the woods is 45 degrees. The rest of the week will be in the 70s (the high 70s, even). Even though I've lived here most of my life, Alabama weather never ceases to amaze me. Good thing I don't have stock in Christmas sweaters.

Here are a few photos from the weekend. First was the youth Christmas party at Chris and Jill's. The highlight of the night was flour bomb capture the flag. Some of the playas are pictured below. Notice the guy in the gray shirt, Skeeter, and the redhead, Julie, standing near me. Their hands are together because they stopped fighting over a flour bomb just long enough to pose for the picture.


And then there was the choir cantata on Sunday, which went very well. Loved it, but glad it's over! In the bottom picture, I'm really not that white. It's the flash, I promise.



I thought you might also like to see the Christmas cards I made to hand out at church and work (excluding the choir members, who got different cards and spiced tea bags).



Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

We were in Opp this weekend, and I think it was 80 degrees on Saturday. My feet were swelling for the first time in 9 months- haha! I love your pictures and wish you and Gunter a very merry Christmas!!

Rach@In His Hands said...

WOW!!! I absolutely LOVE that card! Seriously beautiful....I may try something like it next year!

Merry Christmas!

Sherry said...

Well, it's cold in Oklahoma! It didn't get above freezing today and tonight we are expecting single digits! Burrrr!

Musical programs are a lot of work, but I love them!

I really like your Christmas cards! How unique and what a message.

Merry Christmas!