Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bethany B.C. Christmas Spectacular!

Pretty good name for a choir cantata, huh? Thanks, I just made it up. Actually, our cantata is by Travis Cottrell, and it's called "Everything Glorious." Don't Christmas cantatas make you feel all warm and fuzzy, joyously ushering in the Christmas spirit?

Well, this is not your typical Christmas cantata.

Some traditional Christmas carols are thrown in here and there, and it's certainly enjoyable, but this cantata does not let "warm and fuzzy" get in the way of a clear message of why Jesus came and Who He is. Lots of worshipping, danceable music and celebrating the hope that only our Savior brings -- what could be any better than that? How about all those things and a solo by Gunter Akridge? You really want to be there. Just tape the TROY bowl game and come on.

If you're going to be in the area, just print this ticket and bring it with you. Or don't. You know we'll let you in.
**Update** Yes, I'm in the cantata, too. I sing alto and move around a lot. I also sing backup on Gunter's solo.

3 comments:

The Knick's said...

Are you in it too?

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I am indeed, but don't let that deter you.

Sherry said...

Oh, I wish I could be there! I live too far away and my church would not be happy if I skipped out on ours :) Thanks for the invitation, though.