Friday, December 5, 2008

Deck the halls!

We didn't actually deck our halls, but we did decorate our den last night. I started to deck the hall with three Christmas ducks Benjamin gave me a couple of years ago, but Gunter warned me that they were bound to be kicked over where I had placed them.

The fact that we made a spot for the tree was quite a feat in itself. We decided at least one piece of furniture had to go to make room. You should have seen Gunter lift our recliner over his head and carry it down the back porch steps toward the storage building. I helped...a little.

Though my photography skills are lacking here, I'd like to show you Gunter's favorite ornament. It's Santa walking three pigs. It earns a place of prominence on the tree every year. Much like Daddy's cloth snowman the RAs made him before I was even born. It's become a running joke that Mom is going to steal the snowman and get rid of it when he's not looking.

We also have a set of silver martini glasses we received at a church ornament shower. We hang them faithfully...on the back of the tree. So, what kind of strange decorations does your family cherish every year?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your tree is so pretty! I'm glad you were able to make room to put it up. And now I'm curious about those Christmas ducks...