Friday, December 12, 2008

Final clue and answer

Clue #6: I would consider many places on Earth to be beautiful, but where we're going is the only place on Earth God ever called, "the Beautiful Land." (Daniel 11:6)
Give up? In March, Gunter and I are going to Israel.

Gunter is taking seminary classes through Liberty University's distance learning program. The president and dean of the seminary, Dr. Ergun Caner, a former Muslim, will lead the tour, and Gunter will get class credit. We'll spend 10 days in Israel. Click here to see our basic itinerary.

Oh, and the icing on the cake... We'll meet our group at JFK airport in New York City on a Monday evening. Anyone who knows Gunter well has heard about (and has probably listened to) the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. How could we be 12 miles away from the Tabernacle and not visit? Furthermore, how could we be one day away from Sunday and not attend a service?!

In light of the circumstances, we're going to try to fly up maybe on the Saturday morning before, attend a Sunday service (or maybe multiple services?) and stay in New York until we meet the group on Monday evening. So many dreams-come-true rolled into one.

Nervous, elated and clueless would describe how I feel right now. So, considering neither one of us has ever been to New York City or Israel (and I've never been on a plane for longer than 2 hours), we'd appreciate all the advice we can get.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, shucks! I missed it! But Israel sounds like much more fun than my guesses.

I would suggest taking about 50 protein bars, such as CLIF bars, along on your journey. You never know when food might be scarce (or when a Mickey D's burger may cost $10)!

Yes, that's my tip for the day.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Hi there...I saw you started following my blog and I wanted to say hi!
You are going to Israel?! Amazing! My pastor-to-be hubby and I will hopefully go together someday. How humbling and incredible to see the places where Jesus walked.
Blessings,
Rachel

Sherry said...

Good for you! You will love it. I found that I felt amazingly "at home" when we arrived there. It's a trip I will never forget. You will have visuals to put with your Bible reading! You have a lot to look forward to.