Thursday, December 4, 2008

Late Thanksgiving wrap-up

It's been a while since I've updated (if you don't count that little fuss earlier today), so here are just a few photos from Thanksgiving, which was great, by the way.

We spent Thursday evening with the most Dye's (Dad's family) that have been together in one place in a long time. Here's me with the two biggest cutups, Cousin BB and PawPaw. There's no telling how many photos BB posed for during the course of the evening. I'm still waiting on the date he promised me to Dairy Queen.

Here are Aunt Lee, Mom, Gunter and my "little" brother Benjamin at Aunt Sally's house. Notice the punch fountain on the left. It could not compare with Aunt Sally's fried rice and wonton -- the highlights of any Dye family gathering.

We missed out on the Bailey family Thanksgiving this year, but we did get to eat supper with the Bailey girls at the Chicken Shack (home of the best fried chicken the world has ever known) on Wednesday night. Here are Aunt Pam, Dear Grandmother and Mama.
After an almost sleepless Thursday night, my feet hit the floor at 3 a.m. on Friday for some long-awaited Bailey girls Black Friday shopping! Aunt Pam and Cousin Courtney were rewarded for arriving in Montgomery at 5 a.m. with a combined $310 in free merchandise from Sports Authority. The slackers (Mom and I) got there about 6 a.m. We had a fun, though rainy, day. Came home with some great deals and no black eyes or broken bones.

Saturday, my "twin" and her husband hosted an Iron Bowl par-tay for the youth. Here are a few scenes from that shindig:

I believe Blake is laughing at all the Auburn fans on the right end of the couch. But Pastor Tony wins the trash-talk award for the day.


We played some fast and furious ping-pong as that fourth quarter didn't look to offer much excitement.

So, there's my Thanksgiving wrap-up. I'd love to talk about how truly thankful I was, but this post is long enough already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to do a blog...it is really a work in progress. I love reading yours though. :)

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Why, thank you. *blush* What is the address to your blog?