Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cooking tip

A piece of advice from the cooking expert: When you think you're going to get creative with your vegetables and roast any type of winter squash (in my case, acorn), follow the recipe. If it tells you to brush a butter and honey mixture on the squash, don't spoon it on or pour it.

Who needs the Food Network when you have me, right? I certainly don't.

The yellow meat part was actually pretty good, but nibbling around the burnt black stuff was not easy. Circled in pink is an actual piece of squash.

Join us here next time for more trial-and-error cooking with your host, Bethany Akridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Your squash dish reminds me of Omega Code II, you remember, where the devil comes out of the top of that guy's head? It also reminds me of a Chuck Norris blowed-up movie. Please save the recipe in case your husban and I ever decide to do an Armeggeddon night at the church.

I love you and thrill at all your great adventures.

penny said...

sister you cook like me!!! B-A-D!! I love it and I love that you admitted your weakness...lol!!! I love this post it mad me laugh and I been there too many times that is the only reason I laugh with you not at you!!!