Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Big, BIG Apple

The exciting news is that Gunter registered for his Israel class yesterday, and I booked our plane tickets to and from New York this morning!!!

Apparently, that was the easy part.

The hard part is finding out where to stay the two nights we'll be there, what to do and how to get around. I thought we'd just pick a reasonably priced hotel near JFK Airport and go from there, but I've read some comments that it's a sketchy area (Jamaica). I've also read that the Metrocard Fun Pass is a good way to go for a few days of riding the subways and buses, as long as it's during daylight hours.

In addition to going to the Brooklyn Tabernacle on Sunday, we'd like to just hit a few of the highlights -- the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State Building, etc.

We sure could use some advice from you if you've spent anytime in New York. Obviously, it's a little outside my area of expertise. Let me demonstrate.
New York City:
...versus my world:




Um...help?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the comparison shots!!! So funny!
My cousin Jen lived in New York for a while.. her blog, marcusandjenlane@blogspot.com, might have some good suggestions. I'll tell her to check out your blog and give you some insider's information.

Unknown said...

Hopefully, the gang can get together next week sometime while everyone is home. We'll talk NY!

Sherry said...

Love the pics. I know you must be so excited. Good luck in getting all your plans together.