Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back in their day

Ever wonder how graphic artists and publication layout people practiced their trade in the days before computer programs? Probably not. But, if you'd like to be enlightened, this is a pretty neat Web site:

The Museum of Forgotten Art Supplies

Of course, this spring chicken is amazed that people actually used tools like these. I've heard stories about placing lead type, pasting and drawing by hand, all hard to imagine.

I was not born an artist, but ironically, I get paid to design, and I love it. My tools of the trade are a mouse and computer screen. Ask me to paint or draw a straight line, and you'll have an absolute mess.

My how things change -- for the better!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks goodness for Adobe software. :)
I, too, cannot draw a straight line with a ruler. (Or cut one.)