Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When life hands you lemons

In my opinion, when life hands you lemons, squeeze them into a cold glass of sweet tea. Leave the lemonade-making to Country Time or Koolaid.

"Life" didn't hand me lemons, but Heather from "Now I Am a Grownup" did hand me a lemonade stand. How sweet (pun intended). Thank you, Heather, especially now that I've noticed that this lemonade stand comes complete with hotdogs!


So now I'm passing the award along to someone who shows a great attitude not only on her blog but also in real life, April at "The Reeds."

April stays away from the c-word on this particular blog, so I don't want to share too much of her business, but she made a statement to me at the very beginning of Gunter's chemo that changed my perspective forever about cancer and whatever other obstacle someone happens to be facing. She said, though maybe not verbatim, "Don't let cancer get in the way of your life." Treat it and deal with it, but don't let it steal your joy or suck the life out of you.

Brings to mind two verses:

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8

Seems to me that April, her husband and happy new baby boy do a great job at living life to the fullest. She's a walking, talking, laughing lemonade stand.

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

Aww- thanks Bethany!! Reading your blog made my day:) Thanks for the award!!