Friday, May 8, 2009

Sweet relief

Good news – I passed my test de sugar yesterday! It wasn’t as bad as everybody says it is. Chugging the sugar drink as fast as possible makes it easier to get down, and I was a big girl and didn’t cry when they pricked 4 of my fingers. I sat in the waiting room for about 3.5 hours, but I did get to read.

Gunter and I celebrated passing the test with a Wendy’s Frosty. After running errands, we got on some housework yesterday afternoon. Gunter hung (hanged, Mrs. Grammar Nazi?) curtains, lowered the water heater temperature, folded clothes and cleaned the kitchen. I got rid of the wall o’ clothes piled in our bedroom (the ones I can’t wear either because it’s too hot, I’m too with-child, or both), cooked spaghetti and washed clothes. Then, he made me sit down because my back hurt a little. I’m used to sitting at a desk all day…not so much moving.

Speaking of moving, if you’re looking to inherit any of our junk prized possessions, now is a good time to stop by the Christian mission, while Gunter is progressing on clearing out the baby’s room. Or, just make it easy on us – stop by the house and take whatever you want. Save us a trip and the decision of whether to keep stuff or not.

Yep, getting rid of stuff so we can get much more important stuff. I’ve been working on our registries a little along. See what you think. Suggestions? I doubt most of this stuff is necessary to raise a baby, but I wanted people to have a lot to choose from. Of course, I haven't put diapers or clothes on there because I figured people would just know I needed that sort of stuff.

Babies R Us

Target

Walmart

By the way, have you noticed that Walmart has deleted the hyphen from the company name? It used to be Wal-Mart. My boss, a self-proclaimed word nerd, pointed that out.

3 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

We are so alike, I have started registering for stuff and we have a lot of the same things on our lists! so FUN!

Joni said...

Looks like you have most things covered...no big surprise! I think that was probably one of the most planned out and researched registries made! The only thing that caught my attention was the swaddling sacks, which I never used so I probably shouldn't comment on it. When I saw them, I thought they would be great. However, when I was checking out, the cashier at Babies 'R Us mentioned they needed to fit extremely snug or some people had been concerned and complained about them riding up around their mouths and faces too much. I was scared to try them after that, so I'd like to hear from those people who have used them. While looking at your registries, I read the reviews though and most all seem positive. By the way, I'm glad you passed your sugar test, but I think they took it easy on you if they pricked your finger each time! See you Sunday!

The Macks said...

YAY! for passing your glucose test. Doesn't it feel good to get rid of all that stuff you don't need!