Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Favorite Thing #622: Low Country Boil

...and a house/yard full of folks. Neither Gunter nor I have a bit of Cajun ancestry (that I know of), but he sure can throw down some Low Country Boil, and I sure can eat it!

I mean, it's perfect! Everything goes in one pot, it's cooked outside, it's casual, and you just grab and eat. We've found that punch bowl cake (or other refrigerated desserts) goes well with the warm spiciness of Low Country Boil. All you need are some Christmas lights strung across the yard and some peppy music.

We had the youth seniors over Monday night for some of this stuff, and I think everybody had a good time. We say we're doing it for them, but it's really just an excuse to have this for supper.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yummy and fun!

The Macks said...

We are the same way! We love ALL cajun food. The spicer, the better!

Samantha said...

We love that stuff, too! Dr. Butler at Women's Healthcare is the one that delivered all three of my children. He's great! I've been using him for 15+ years. Can't say enough nice about him...I hope you are doing great...