Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great things are in store...age.

In the process of checking items off my moving to-do list… Yes, I have an actual moving to-do list programmed into my PDA. (It’s the hand-held electronic calendar thingy you might see me pull out of my purse and tap on at any given moment – in the middle of a conversation, during the announcements at church…Hey, somebody’s got to keep up with this stuff!)

Anyway, in the process of trying to get things checked off yesterday, I browsed for storage buildings online. We have a shed at our house now where we keep various garden tools, our weedeater and all the empty pots of plants I’ve killed. When we move to the trailer, we’re going to need somewhere to keep all that stuff for the three times a year we actually use garden tools.

You know you are no longer a child when you get excited over shopping for storage buildings. Actually, I don’t know that I was so excited about storage buildings. I think what actually excited me was the realization that you can actually buy a storage shed for less than $500…and the fact that I’m one obsessive step closer to checking an item off my list. Because when you can order a storage building online and have it shipped directly to your local Lowe’s…this was going to be easier than I thought. Until I realized that somebody would have to assemble the thing once it arrived.

Nonetheless, I was so excited that I printed off a few pages of storage buildings to show Gunter over lunch. Then, I couldn’t even wait until we got to the restaurant to start talking storage buildings. He reminded me that we need to pick a place to eat first, so restrained myself until we got our sweet tea, chips and salsa. (Is it just me, or do Mexican restaurants have the best sweet tea in existence?)

He pointed out that we should probably buy one that will last us a while, maybe not the $400 one.

So I don’t think Gunter is quite as anxious to get our storage building search behind us, but he rarely is. What a complement his patient, laid-back self is to my full-speed-ahead, act-immediately-or-tragedy-will-strike tendencies.

A few years ago, I would have never believed I would go to Lowe’s on my own free will, much less be enthused about it. Just one more sign of old age.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much is the one in the picture?

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

$998, but it does have a floor. It's cute -- of course it's one of the more expensive ones!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=239960-57658-18140-5&lpage=none

The Reeds said...

I like the one in the picture! By the way... you are moving into a mobile home, not a trailer:)

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

That's right! And we're not going to move it anywhere, so it's not really even "mobile." It's just a home.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment... and I'm totally there with the whole checking off a list thing... only I'm not quite so 'with it' mine is normally on a magnetic list thingy from Target's $1 bins which I'm addicted to. And I like the one in the picture, too, the shed that is, but as always it's the big ticket one... oh well, storage is wonderful no matter what it ends up looking like and it'll be fun to put it together I'm sure :O)

Anonymous said...

You can always do what I did in college and just take one of the skirt panels off and put your yard tools under there. I'll have to agree about the sweet tea at Mexican restaurants. Jalapeños on Vaughn Road in Montgomery has the best sweet tea I've ever had at a restaurant, and the Mexican place near us now isn't half bad either.