Saturday, September 13, 2008

Corn dip

In honor of tailgate parties and the sweet fellowship that could only be a part of watching football together, I thought I'd post a dee-licious corn dip recipe, courtesy of my friend Catherine. Come to think of it, I've gotten some of my very best recipes from her and her mom, affectionately referred to as Nance.

This is great served with corn chips, especially the kind that are good for scooping. Gunter even liked it, and he hates cream cheese. Be careful -- it's addictive!

1. Mix the following ingredients in a glass casserole dish:
2 8-oz. blocks of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
2 cans of gold and white corn, drained
1 can of mild Rotel
salt and pepper, if desired

2. Top with shredded cheese -- any kind you like.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.

Serves a bunch.

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe! I've had it before and loved it! Mine won't be topped with cheese, but I can't wait to make it:) Thanks!

Sherry said...

Ooo, this sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Sherry said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I tagged you. Check out my post today.