Monday, September 22, 2008

After party at BBC

The fifth quarter Friday night was GREAT! I was pretty nervous because when it comes to youth, you never can tell how many might show up or what their response might be once they get there.

Oh, me of little faith.

God certainly taught me a lesson this weekend. I have trouble believing I’m here as a willing tool to let Him work, not to work something up myself and hope He’s pleased. I tend to focus more on my own performance than His power.

So sometimes, He just takes the situation into His own hands and does His own wonderful thing without much help from me -- like the 60 YOUTH that hung out at our church Friday night. 60 might not seem like such a big number, but it is when your normal crowd is 10-15.

I’m certainly not bragging. I’m just so thankful that God brought them so they could hear the gospel. This Friday night, we’re hoping for even more.

And by the way, I was still wired at 1 a.m. Here are some photos from the weekend.





We attended our first New Brockton football game as fans! I even invented my own Gamecock walk and crow for the occasion. Here's "Blee," doin' his thang.

Mary's probably going to hate me for this. But it's just too funny not to post. She's holding one of the ropes for human foosball.




And here's how we spent most of the rest of the weekend. We stayed at our new crib Friday night and spent most of Saturday cleaning and putting in shelf paper. This moving stuff is taking way more time and effort than I anticipated!

We've moved in one comforter and a blanket, some dishes and a few knick-knacks. That down, the rest of the house to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, baby!

Daddy

Anonymous said...

Wow! That picture says it all! My hands were hurting so bad. But I don't hate you....I still love you.

Mary