Friday, July 17, 2009

Goldilocks and the three mountains of baby clothes

Last night, Gunter found a strange woman asleep on our den floor! He even got a picture to prove it. Who does she think she is, Goldilocks? If you have any information on the identity of this woman, please call our free hotline.


Wait, isn’t that the shirt I was wearing last night?

So this was the view in our den around 10 or 10:30. (I'm afraid the view in my office has been similar several times this week, only with a desk instead of the floor.) Those items at my head? A wreath for the hospital door, a shopping cart cover and a carseat pad. At my feet? Burpcloths, bibs and blankets.

We had made piles of gifts from our shower Sunday and had gotten rid of the gift bags. I sat down on the floor to gather the blanket pile, and the last thing I remember is seeing Gunter unbox the Pack-and-Play. When he woke me up, I was aching all over and the Pack-and-Play had disappeared -- moved to its place in our room where the baby will spend at least her first few weeks…or months…

Evidently (as PawPaw Dye says), I have hit a tired stage in this third trimester. Hopefully, I can justify it as tired and not just lazy. If I want things organized and ready for the baby, the nesting phase better kick in soon. Falling asleep as soon as I sit still is also quite a hindrance to thank-you note progress.

The past few days, pretty much anything other than lying on the couch has become a chore. Including getting up after a nap on the floor.

1 comment:

penny said...

Enjoy these random naps...soon sister you will not be sleeping at all ... and when the baby sleeps you must sleep ...don't try and play supermom and get lots done...just sleep!!! No awards are given to those new moms with the cleanest homes... also get Gunter in on the action... mark and I had a schedule at night so that every other night one of us got a few hours uninterrupted!!! I looked forward to my night with a few hours of sleep without feeding duty!!!:)