Tuesday, July 7, 2009

By all appearances...

I’ve started thinking... I have no idea what my child will look like. Really, her appearance might come as a big surprise. My features differ from Gunter’s quite a bit. I hope Bailey is gorgeous like her daddy, but I secretly want her to look at lot like me, at least enough to recognize her as mine.

Allow me to demonstrate…

Will she inherit Gunter’s sometimes blue/sometimes green eyes, or my brown ones?





Will she have a head full of dark, curly hair from the beginning…


…or will she be bald until about the age of 4, when she finally starts to grow fine, straight hair like Mama?


Bailey might even start out blonde like Uncle Benjamin or red-headed like Great-Granny Dye.


Will that trace of Cherokee skin be passed down, or will she look more like vanilla pudding with chocolate sprinkles?

Note the arms.



Will she inherit the athleticism and competitive spirit of grandparents, aunts and uncles, or will she be more interested in books and music?


We look forward to finding out!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Whatever she is, you know she'll be perfect.

Loved all of the pictures!!!

Debbie K. said...

I say she will have Gunter's eyes and your sweet smile - a beautiful baby indeed.