Friday, April 17, 2009

Nance's Pasta Salad

Of all the (many) dishes I could devour all in one sitting, this one would probably be in the top 10. Once again, it's a recipe courtesy of my friend Catherine and her mother, Nancy.

For another outstanding Cat and Nance recipe, click here.

I'll be fixing a big bowl of it this weekend (and will probably eat most of it myself if anyone else dares hesitate to get a helping).


Nance’s pasta salad
1. Boil colorful pasta noodles (I use rainbow rotini). Be sure to salt water well. Drain pasta.
2. Stir in Italian salad dressing, enough to coat noodles.
3. Add ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayo and 1 packet dry ranch seasoning. Mix well (and add more Italian dressing, if needed, to mix).
4. The rest is up to you. Some good ingredients to add are sliced black or green olives, pimentos, cheese cubes, ham pieces and cherry tomatoes.
5. Refrigerate until chilled.


One great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't take very long and it's very simple -- a good thing for me, since I will be making it on the same weekend that I am attempting to recreate the Australian Outback. As is illustrated throughout the Bible, God never seems to call the equipped...

No comments: