Monday, April 20, 2009

Kreativ? Who, me?


Well, whaddya know -- a blog award! Just when I thought I was totally boring everyone with the baby posts, I am deemed "Kreativ." And from such a sweet, funny girl as April Reed! Thanks, April.
So, here are the rules...

1. When given the award, you list 7 things that you love.
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love and be sure to tag them and let them know they've won.


7 things I love:

1. Family gatherings. One day this week, I hope to post some pictures from my Dear Grandmother's surprise birthday cookout yesterday. Daddy and Aunt Pam are the family photographers, so I have to get pictures from one of them before I have any to post.
2. Weekends (or weekdays) at the beach. A third anniversary trip to the beach could be in the works for this weekend, but no time to think much about that until the VBS clinic is over and the Israel paper is turned in!
3. Checking items off my list. Just a simple "delete" on my calendar gives me more of a sense of accomplishment than it probably should. I checked a big, BIG one off this morning. Maybe more on that tomorrow.
4. People who truly love me. These are the people who don't just say it but the ones who give of themselves to show love, even if we haven't spoken in quite a while. I got a phone call from a friend in Opp last night offering an act of kindness that still has a smile on my face this morning.
5. Nestle Instant Breakfast. Why do I have a feeling that I've blogged about this before? I look forward to drinking this on the way to work almost every morning. I just wish I could manage to drink it more slowly so I could enjoy it for longer than 5 minutes. Vanilla is my new favorite flavor.
6. Working together on ministry projects. I don't always think of church work days and such as fun activities...until I get there and get started. Anything to do with manual work is not my wimpy self's cup of tea, but I love time spent getting to talk and relationships made over dusty stacks of yellowed choir music or bottles of Windex.
7. Going home time. Gotta grab one last snack before I hit the road.


I hereby bestow the Kreativ Blogger award to the following worthy individuals who have probably already received many such rewards:

1. Jen @ Hey, y'all!
2. Heather @ Now I Am a Grownup
3. Christi @ Two Peas in Our Pod
4. Tony @ Tony Dye's Point of View
5. Melissa @ My Blue Morning
6. Melissa @ My Life as it Happens
7. Penny @ Daily Dose of Dribbles
To visit these blogs, please see my blog list on the right.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks!!! :)

The Macks said...

I love Instant Breakfast too! It was about the only thing I could "eat" during MS.