Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 3 - still traveling...

*Disclaimer: Forgive me if this makes no sense. It's almost 9 a.m. here, but it's almost 3 a.m. Alabama time.
Hello from the Vienna International Airport! I got my first glimpse of a country besides the U.S. this morning, and it was Austria. We are sitting in a coffee shop waiting for our flight to Israel. The photo above was taken after our overnight flight.

We fared well on the flight between Dulles and Austria. Smooth ride, food every few minutes and middle-row seats to ourselves. We didn't sleep much, but I feel pretty good. Gunter's dragging a little, but maybe he'll get some sleep on the next flight.


As we desended, it was hard to believe that what we were seeing was Austria. We did see some snow-covered mountains, green farmland and pretty white houses with red roofs, like little villages. Perhaps the coolest were the windmills. I know they're a common sight in the Midwest, but I've never seen one before.
Boarding the plane for Israel in about 30 minutes. More later.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm loving these little updates!! Keep em coming!!

The Reeds said...

We are praying for yall!! When you get back, we need to get together:)

Jen L. said...

I love that you're blogging on your trip! Have a great time. :)

Samantha said...

Bethany...I can hardly wait for an update! I hope ya'll are having a great time...be safe!