Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home new home

We moved Saturday! Here is the moving card I made (address covered), which I may or may not send out to announce our new address. I just got inspired one day and had to make something, necessary or not. I’ll probably just e-mail it, because if you’ve ever seen anything I’ve printed and tried to cut myself…it’s not pretty.

Back to moving. The helpfulness of loving people never ceases to amaze and humble me. Would you believe that several of our church families gave up their Saturdays to load our junk and unpack it at our new place? AND some of our new neighbors had lunch waiting on us when we got back! I know so many more would have volunteered their time had they known we were moving, but it all sort of happened so fast.

So our first few days have been interesting.

I realized that I have so much more left to do (and buy) that I anticipated, but it will all get done in time. Lots of time.

I suffered from a small stomach bug our first two days there, which got in the way of unpacking and made me want to go home, but I was home.

We also discovered that we are not living alone because we’ve found evidence of some four-legged freeloaders. One of them didn’t fare so well because his remains lie in state somewhere underneath a wall in our bathroom. The other decided to check out our kitchen stuff during the night. How he got on top of our island, I’m not sure, but I am sure he was there.

Bring on the mousetraps! For the first time in my life, I will not put up a fuss about killing small, furry animals. Their cuteness met its end when they pooped on my countertop. (I guess this means no one will want me to bring a dish to Family Night Supper tomorrow.)

All whining aside, my 45-minute drive to work this morning was not bad at all. Travis Cottrell, Rick and Bubba made it go by so fast.

I’m so glad to finally be in Brockton! We’re thankful for God’s provision and pray He uses us (and our abode) always for His glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know what to say at this point...I'll get back to you later....pizza will probably be safe for Wednesday...

Daddy

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Sounds like you are having a great time! hehehe! Hope you're feeling better!!