Friday, May 2, 2008

Beach trip and date night

Hello, this is the biggest scaredy-cat in the WORLD speaking. As is tradition, tonight is date night. Why would I be blogging on date night, you may ask? Because, my friend, I am a wimp.

After eating more crab legs than I care to count, Gunter and I rented a couple movies. We decided on "Enchanted" (anything allowable for small children is my kind of movie, unless it has throwing up in it) and "I am Legend." I did not vote for "I am Legend," but I feel sorry for Gunter because he has to watch my kind of movies all the time. It's hard for him to rent a manly movie because most of them include things not suitable for the godly man's eyes and ears. "I am Legend" -- its worst features are some mutated humans and sci-fi violence, so not too bad, right?

He sat through "Enchanted" without complaint, so I attempted to watch "I am Legend" with him. I really did, though most of the 30 minutes I watched were accomplished with fingers in my ears, hands covering my face or both. I just couldn't take the suspense, so I have retreated to our bedroom, away from the zombies or whatever they are. I don't do scary movies.

So instead, I'll take the time to post some photos from our second anniversary beach weekend. It was the first time we've really gotten away since chemo ended. May I just say that it was absolutely wonderful! We had such a great time, and we didn't want to come home.



Saturday was a perfect beach day! It was plenty warm with a cool, gentle breeze blowing. I spent most of the day reading under the beach umbrella, and we had lunch at Thomas Donuts. What could be better?

From the beach, we also saw dolphins, several schools of sting rays and a grand total of one seagull.

This photo was taken on deck of The Lady Anderson. We went on the dinner cruise and met some people from Vermont and Canada.

And now back to normal life, which is pretty fun, too, if you're not watching zombie people attack Will Smith.

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

Bethany, you are so funny!! It looks like the beach trip was awesome! You two deserved the time away, and I'm glad you had fun. Gunter's hair is coming back too!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog?! I could have been keeping up with you all along! I love your pictures from the beach! I want to go. I can't wait for to see what your children look like because you two are beautiful!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Sarah, I didn't know you had a blog either! How can I read yours? It's not accessible.