Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The party's over...but another's on the way

Thanks for all your helpful sleepover advice! The sleepover was on Friday, and I think it went fairly well. We have such a laid-back group, we didn't even get to the facials or pedicures. We mostly just ate, talked and played a Family Feud DVD game. Probably the most exciting event of the night happened when the police stopped two of our chaperones for "drunk driving." The driver was weaving trying to find my road in the dark. You'd just have to know these crazy women.

The lesson went okay. The girls were very attentive, but I think I attempted to pack too much into one lesson, instead of hitting on just a few practical points. Of course, I'm usually my own worst critic.

In the woods somewhere across town, the boys' sleepover was a great success. Gunter had a good crowd of boys and men to show up, and the night was complete with wrestling in the creek, fishing, chasing snakes and flour-bomb capture-the-flag.

So this week, we're planning a youth and parents' party at our house, a low-country boil, no less. Sort of like our last hoo-rah before we leave for Bethany B.C. We want them to know they're always welcome at our house, no matter where we're going to church. I really do want my home to be open and welcoming, but it takes some getting used to.

(Can't believe I'm ending this post on a preposition.)

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

Low-Country Boils are AWESOME! We've had 2-3 at our house. Mike LOVES them! Have a great weekend:)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Just popping up to say hi.