Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Exhausted

I know what you're thinking... If I were truly exhausted, I would be in bed, not blogging. But as a type A personality, I had to check at least one item off my list today to feel as though my life is under control... And yes, sadly, blogging is actually an item on my to-do list.

I got up at 3:15 this morning to do a press check on our annual report for work. Harold (PowerSouth printer extraordinaire) picked me up in Montgomery at 4:45, and we were done printing around 10 or 10:30. I barely slept a wink last night afraid I'd miss the alarm clock, so I was actually awake when the first alarm sounded at 3:10 a.m. I'm a morning person, so I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the entire print run, but I really started feeling it on the way home around 1:00. Going to the printer at 5 a.m. might not sound like much fun, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Wish I could go more often. The process fascinates me. I can't wait to see the finished product, cut and bound. I'll link to it as soon as we get it on the company Web site.

One thing I did not thoroughly enjoy is the breakfast situation at 4:30 in the morning. A beloved, longtime friend let me down today. I expected a hot Egg McMuffin when I saw the 24-hour McDonald's drive-thru down the street from my hotel, but I was disappointed to learn that "24-hour" drive-thru does not necessarily mean food is available 24 hours a day. Apparently, it takes quite a while for a McDonald's computer system to switch from supper to breakfast, and I came at a bad time. So chocolate milk and peanut butter crackers (or, "squarecakes," as the Bailey side of my family calls them) held me over until about 8:30, when we made a Hardee's biscuit run. The diet coke was the best part, and Hardee's still holds no candle to McDonald's.

Sunday was our last Sunday at Northern Heights. These people are so nice, they make it hard for us to leave. Tomorrow night is our last Wednesday night with the youth. Gunter is packing up his office.

The low country boil was a lot of fun. Gunter did a great job on the food, as was evident in how much we ate.


I'm taking a photography class on Saturday, so hopefully, I'll learn something and maybe even have a photo or two to show off... If nothing else, the instructor has some good-looking stuff. He even took my bridal portraits. Here's his site: http://www.kennedyinternational.com/

1 comment:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

My oh my you must be bone tired. I hope your photography class goes well. Sounds fun