Friday, January 25, 2008

At week's end

Happy Friday! It’s been a good week. I enjoyed greeting our trustees at the conference this week and making new acquaintances, but I just about talked myself to death! I got home last night around 8:00 (sporting my business suit, hose and strawberry bedroom shoes), and my wonderful husband had cooked quail, butter beans, mashed potatoes and rolls…A good thing, because I was tired and hungry!

I ate lunch with Aunt Pam today. It's amazing how a few minutes spent talking with a dear friend can refresh my very soul. Sometimes, conversation with that result happens randomly, as if God sends a surprise gift through someone unexpected. And then there are those rare and precious people who make me feel that way every time, maybe because we have a special connection, maybe because their caring hearts wrap around mine with each minute of time spent together. I have more than one friend like that. We need to be careful to make time for people, because we never know how our fellowship might change someone's outlook on life.

Gunter and I are looking forward to enjoying the weekend. Tonight is date night, and tomorrow is wide open. I have some things I need to do around the house, but I hope to get out and do something fun, too. Against his own will, Gunter will spend too much time next week inside the house, so I’m sure he won’t want to be a homebody tomorrow, either. I just love Saturdays!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend -- enjoy the outside and know that you are one weekend closer to better days!!! a week sacrificed is years gained!!! We love you all and pray daily for your strength -- and for God to heal and have his hand on you both through each day -- you coming and going -- you ups and downs and your ins and outs!!! He is holding you both my friend!!!