Thursday, January 10, 2008

Aerobics and a full week




Tonight, I start my aerobics class! Woo-hoo! I know I won’t be able to make it to every class, but it’s better than what I’m doing now — letting some workout DVDs collect dust on my shelf. I enjoy taebo, but it doesn’t seem like much fun when the alarm goes off at 5 a.m. We’ll see if I can finally make exercising a habit. I’m out of breath just thinking about it. But, a couple of friends from work are taking the class, too, and these girls would make ANYTHING fun!

It’s been a great week so far. Gunter has gone to work at the church every day, and he’s really enjoying himself. Besides that, he’s been extremely productive, and he’s helped me out a lot.

My “Outrigger Island” super pack came in yesterday from LifeWay, so I am officially in VBS planning mode. With all the island stuff, this VBS is sure to be fun. We’re also working on our annual Valentine banquet to raise money for the youth. This year, it falls directly on Gunter’s birthday, so we’ll have to celebrate another day.

Sunday night, we’re taking the youth to First Baptist Church Opp to hear our friend, Mike Reed, speak. God has his hand on Mike and his wife, April, and it’s going to be a tremendous blessing. I know that because they’ve been blessing our lives ever since we met them.

Have a happy Friday!

2 comments:

The Reeds said...

I hope the aerobics class went well! I need to enroll in one myself:) We look forward to seeing you and Gunter Sunday night. Thanks so much for coming to support Mike!

penny said...

girl it makes me tired just reading it -- we have started a more organic lifestyle this year we are going to try and incorporate this into our children's diet -- and be more aware of taking care of ourselves -- and excercise is on our list too -- I just can't seem to put down the 365 whole foods "oreos"!!! hehe!! Pray you have a wonderful week and that each day you know God is wrapping you both in his love and in his arms -- he will carry you through this -- thank you for blogging and keeping us close in word!!! You are always in our prayers and thoughts!!! We love you - penny