Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Banter #1, 2 and 3

Because I get so many baby comments a day, I thought it would be fun to share some of them on the blog. Keep in mind that I am NOT offended by these comments, so I hope you won’t be either.

I’ll start the series with a top 3 of the week from a lovable cutup at church. These sound mean, but you’d just have to know him (and some of you know him well).

“How’s my favorite blimp?”

“Hey, Slim.”

“There she is, protruding navel and all.”

I think “Hey, Slim” made me laugh the most. I never know what to say back.

3 comments:

Joni said...

I'm sorry...I'll apologize for him! Don't worry, even his own daughter wasn't exempt from his "sweet" comments! It was my daddy, right?

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

How did you guess?

No apology needed. Comments like that would only hurt my feelings if I WASN'T pregnant. :-)

Anonymous said...

Bet,

Let me translate that language for you:

How's my favorite blimp? = You are so beautiful, I really don't know what to say!

Hey Slim. = You are kin to your brother so...you're a beanpole! you're a beanpole!

There she is, protruding navel and all. = I hope I don't get in your condition!

daddy