Friday, June 5, 2009

28 weeks

Dear Bailey,

We had a checkup yesterday, and you (or, I) measured at 28 weeks, right on schedule. Your heartbeat was not hard to find, and it sounded strong. The doctor said all that grunting and time it takes for me to get out of bed is normal.

I can feel and see you rolling around in there now. You do a lot more pushing than you do kicking these days. That’s not new to you, but it’s new to me. You’re most active during the day, and you tend to settle down at night, just like your mama.

Because your daddy and I are in two different cities during the day, he hasn’t felt you when you’re really active, but you amazed him the other night. When he would push against my stomach a little, you would tap back.

Apparently, you’re long enough to stretch from one side to the other. I think you just discovered this yesterday afternoon, because I could feel you bumping both sides at once. You seemed to be enjoying it, and you bounced that way for about 20 minutes.

One morning last week, I woke up with the hiccups – probably the first time that’s ever happened. I was surprised to feel you hiccuping between each of my hiccups. Did I sip that water too fast? Did the alarm clock scare us that bad?

It seems as though you’re taking after your daddy in at least two areas – you tend to get excited when you hear music, and you love sweets. The sugar addiction has just hit me within the last week or so, and I’m thinking it must have something to do with you. Why else would I order a chocolate milkshake instead of a fruit slush? Why would I think that leftover Walmart doughnut was the best snack ever? Why would I gaze longingly at the M&Ms when I go to grab some trail mix? It’s not like me at all. I hope we get over it soon.

Keep growing. I’ll try to slip you some vegetables this afternoon. Love you already.


2 comments:

The Macks said...

We should have sent you home with the Dean's cupcakes! Glad all is going well. It was nice to "meet" you!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

They came from Dean's? No wonder they were so good!