Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Ah, Saturday morning...sitting in the recliner, listening to the rain. What could be better? Maybe sitting in the recliner on a weekday, listening to the rain.

I got a new car yesterday! It's a silver 2006 Ford Fusion. We bought it from some friends at church, and we traded them my car. So yes, after being together since before my 16th birthday, the Contour and I have parted ways. She was a good car, and we took many great trips together. She's in good hands, and I pray she'll be a good car for our friends.

One exciting feature of my new car (besides the fact that it's really cute and has windows that roll up and down) is the remote. I've never had a remote before, and this one is built into the key. In my world, it's pretty high-tech. Maybe one day I'll have one of those that can remotely start the car.

I'll try to post a picture soon.

In other news, my boss is now on maternity leave, so I'm sort of on my own. The first day was a little stressful because I got hit with several unexpected projects, but the last couple of days haven't been bad at all. Soon, I'll have to tackle our magazine layout and finish Annual Report, and that's when things will get interesting.

We spent a few hours at Mellow Mushroom last night hanging out with Ellis and Becky B., our college ministers and marriage counselors. It's always so much fun to catch up with them! They set a great example for connecting with the people they minister to -- their home and their lives are so open, and so welcoming. We want to be more like that with youth and with adults, too.

When we got back to Opp, we caught the last 30 minutes - hour of a John Barry Roberts concert at the famous Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo. The reason we were really there was to hang out with Glennie and Shelia, which we did. I was surprised at how much JB has changed since high school (we went to Washington together on Youth Tour). He's grown his hair long, and his music has a whole lot more rock to it than it used to. I introduced myself afterwards, but I'm not sure if he had a clue who I was. I've changed quite a bit in the last 8 years, too.

One final note -- today is Gunter's and my third dating anniversary! Three years ago today, Gunter sat me down at Murphree Park in Troy and told me he just had to take a chance. He wanted me to pray about dating with the intention of marriage. It was a dream come true. That day or the next, he left for symphony band tour, and the following Sunday, at the Elba Subway, he got my parents' blessing. One version of that story is that Mama couldn't participate in the conversation much for crying.

So there's your dose of sappy for the day.

No comments: