Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Love & marriage



Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary! Actually, it feels closer to 10 years than two (not in a bad way, of course). I admire you people who have been married 20, 40, 60 years.

An awful lot has changed in two years -- all for the better in my opinion. We have learned so much. I never could have imagined marriage being so wonderful and so much fun, and thus far, it seems to get better and better. Gunter surpasses every one of my wishes for an ideal husband and defines new ones all the time.

I'm sure it won't all be easy, but I look forward to living many more wonderful years with Gunter Akridge, my favorite person.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog on "preachers wife blog" your pic is beautiful! I am a youth pastor/worship leaders wife. I have enjoyed reading your blog and plan to come back if you dont mind! come by and visit me sometime http://accordingtoashley.blogspot.com/

The Reeds said...

Happy belated Anniversary!! I hope it was awesome! Ours is next Thursday- May 1st- FOUR years!

Anonymous said...

well two year... girl it will fly by enjoy long naps together and movies -- let's see and eating out at good restaurants... one day you will move into old married with kids and that is a whole new mountain to climb... Mark and I look back at those babies we were when we first got married and we just don't remember how all that feels... you guys have lots to look forward too... it does get better with every year and your love grows it is will amaze you...Happy Anniversary!!!!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Such encouraging words! Taking naps, watching movies and eating out are what we do best. :-) We've definitely mastered those things, if nothing else.