Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fashion statement?


So, I have a pair of zebra shoes...not REAL zebra, fake zebra. I like them, but Gunter is just not sure what to think about them. He thinks I should only wear them if I can pair them with something else zebra, like a purse or sunglasses. I, however, am of the opposite opinion. I think they basically stand alone, as long as I wear them with a matching color, nothing patterned. What do you think? I would like some fashion advice concerning said shoes.

We had a wonderful Easter. We had lunch at with the Galimores at Aunt Lisa's Saturday, and all the girls (me, Grandmama Galimore, Aunt Judy and Mrs. Gwen) hunted eggs. We spent Sunday afternoon with Mama, Daddy, Benjamin and some of their church folks at the Vineyard in Ariton. It was beautiful! We also watched "Passion of the Christ" with our youth Friday night -- always a moving experience. Easter is my favorite holiday. I'm reminded of how much Jesus loves us. He is the ultimate hero, my knight in shining armor. Easter always brings a fresh start, a deeper love.
Thursday night two of our "Elba" friends, Bucky C. and Justin M., ate supper with us at Buckboard. I laughed so much, I was sore the next morning. Good times.
Gunter and I have gotten hooked on "The Biggest Loser." We are munching popcorn and watching it as I type. Kelly is my current favorite, so I'm aggravated that all the guys are ganging up on her. Their whole brotherhood thing is getting on my nerves.
One last bit of news: I got a new haircut today. It's not THAT different, but it's different. I love getting my hair cut. It feels so much lighter.
By the way, I have no idea why my fonts are acting strange on this post. It drives me crazy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, here's my two cents for whatever it's worth...I love the shoes! And yes, they need to stand alone. I'm not a fashion guru but I'm a "What Not to Wear" junkie and I think Clinton and Stacy would approve and applaud the purchase. A little zebra print goes a long way!

Also, I'm addicted to "The Biggest Loser" as well. My fav was Dan but unfortunately they voted him off last night. :( Oh well. I guess now I'm pulling for Roger. Did you know he's from Enterprise, AL?

The Reeds said...

I love the shoes!! Of course you are right, and Gunter is wrong- haha!
Mike would probably agree with Gunter, but Mike put on green pants with a green shirt a few weeks ago... and didn't think anything was wrong with it!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I knew Roger was from somewhere in Alabama and that he played for UA -- he says "Roll Tide" all the time. Dan used to be one of my favorites, and I felt sorry for him when he had to leave, but he was getting so cocky!

Just for the record, I got an e-mail from another fashion expert today, and she called my shoes "fabulous." I'm very proud to get such a shoe compliment from Jenn. :-)