Friday, February 27, 2009

Fun for Friday

Today, I decided I'd copy Heather's post because it sounded like fun! Mimicry is the truest form of flattery, right? So feel free to copy me, too. To play, just...

1. Go to Google.
2. Type in "[YOUR NAME] needs" (e.g., I typed in "Bethany needs").
3. Blog about Google's advice.
4. Don't trust Google. It can meet your Internet searching needs, but not your real-life needs.


Bethany needs...
  • ...a middle name. Wrong, Google. I have 2 middle names now, but Bethany's baby does need a middle name. And a first name. Google suggests Bethany Renae, Bethany Elizabeth and Bethany Anne.
  • ...a new liver "or else she could be dead by Christmas." Wow, I didn't know I was in such bad shape. How about fried chicken livers instead? I wouldn't mind having one of those.
  • ...you. Not sure what for, but don't say you don't feel needed.
  • ...help. That's true, but I think this is another post about the liver transplant. I do need help in plenty of other ways, though.
  • ...to go home. I like that suggestion, Google!
  • ...parents who love her. Google, you can scratch that one off your list.

My list didn't turn out as fun as I thought it might, so I'm going to also copy the second part of Heather's post -- creating my own CD cover. Here are the rules:

1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. Hit "random." The first article is the name of your band.
3. Go to Random Quotations, and the last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.
4. Go to Flickr and click on "the last 7 days" near the bottom. The third picture is your album cover.
5. Use an image editing program and post your album cover.

Here's mine:


My band is named Flores da Cunha, after a municipality in the state Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. I like that! The album name is Offer Me the Position. Obviously, we are a bilingual band notably influenced by our love of Brazil, on a never ending search for a career near the beach. Think "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" with a distinctly Latin feel.

I'll be signing autographs as soon as the CD tops the charts.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute!! Google was nicer to you, except for that whole "liver" thing. :)
And your CD cover turned out awesome! It looks like the real deal. I wish I was sittin on that dock right now.