Friday, August 29, 2008

T-R...O-J...A-N-S! Woo!

I listened to the radio on the way home from Brewton last night as my team beat Middle Tennessee 31-17 in their first game of the season. It made me think back to the first “Battle of the Palladium” in Troy…there I was, proudly clad in my red toga in the pouring rain with my friend “German Andy” yelling by my side. Ah, memories.

So, I got inspired to post some photos from our good times in the Elba High School Marching Tiger Band…



the Sound of the South…



and my first football game as a non-band member my sophomore year. These are two of my lovable roommates and me in Birmingham when Troy (State back then) played UAB. Fun stuff.



Happy football season!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that dork in the picture your husband?

Anonymous said...

Bet,
Your Daddy and I were remembering the ballgame when you wore the toga while we were watching the game last night also. Dye-hard fan!
Momma

The Reeds said...

CUTE pictures:) Did you and Gunter date in high school?

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

We were boyfriend and girlfriend in the 3rd grade and then again in the 8th grade. :-) But most of the time, we were just friends...and around each other a lot.