Tuesday, August 12, 2008

From here to yonder

We’re moving! Next month, we’ll begin moving into a trailer across the road from our church. We hope to be completely finished in October. We’ll miss our cute little house, our backyard pond and my 12-minute drive to work…so many happy memories...but we can’t wait to be a part of the New Brockton/Enterprise communities.

I estimate it will take me about 45 minutes to get to work, but we’ll actually save on gas by making the drive from New Brockton to Andalusia five times a week, instead of driving from Andalusia to New Brockton an average of 10 times per week. And it will be mighty nice to return from a late-night youth activity and only have to travel across the street, instead of the 35 minutes back to Andalusia.

LET THE CLEANING AND PACKING BEGIN! Gunter is taking the youth on a tubing trip this Saturday – perfect timing for Mom and I to clean out some junk and prepare for a yard sale the first weekend in September.

Between now and then, some men from the church are going to make a few minor repairs to the trailer and have the carpet cleaned. Then comes moving.

Please feel free to share some moving tips that might make this process easier. It seems like I’d have it down by now, but I absolutely don’t.

2 comments:

Anna Nymity said...

I feel your moving pains. I tell Jason that if we have to move we are just burning the house down.
I am glad you guys are doing well.
~ Lydia Senn

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany,
I have been meaning to tell you this in choir, but I keep forgetting.
When packing your dishes, place them inside your clean clothes, and place back inside the dresser or chest of drawers. This serves two purposes, your dishes are padded, and they stay clean. Run rope from top to bottom, and around the back to keep the drawers from sliding open. You could use tape but it might remove the finish so be careful what kind of tape you pick.
This reduces your amount of boxes.
You also can just slide your plates right out of a plate and put the shirt back in the drawer.
When we moved to where we are now, mom told me to pack my dishes in clothes baskets.
Karen