Saturday, September 6, 2008

Like a duck to water...well, not exactly

Since I'm busy yard sale-in' today, I thought I'd schedule this blog to share about my experiences from last Saturday.


We went to the lake with Kasi and Jason, and had a stinkin' BLAST -- even with the sunburn ol' paley got, despite obsessive, repeated sunscreen applications (from a $10 can of emergency sunscreen Gunter bought at the Florala Pharmacare).


It started out like this:





The black boxes are present because we didn't want to show our very attractive armpits to the whole Internet world. Bathing beauties, we are.






Gunter and I rode the tube at the same time because Kasi and Jason assured us we would both fit. Didn't happen. Gunter couldn't squat like this for long, so we tried to both lay on the tube, but that didn't work so well, either, because he was more concerned the whole time with pushing my weight off his stomach than having fun.



I'll give kudos to myself for being brave and attempting to ski. See? I'm smiling! At least, I acted brave until I bumped myself in the rear end with one of my skis and almost jumped out of the water thinking something was coming after me. My favorite quote of the day (Kasi, addressing me) -- "You might stay inside all the time, but you're no wimp."



One thing I learned -- I can scratch "Become a world-champion water skier" off my list of things to do before I die and devote that time to something a little more attainable. But, "Hang out at the lake again" could definitely be part of the list.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks like a fun day. You're such a cute couple! So glad Gunter is doing well. Hope your sunburn wasn't too bad.

Let us know how your garage sale went.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about putting an armpit devotion on my blog. I thought your picture would be a great visual tool to my teaching. Just kidding!

Daddy

Anonymous said...

Bet,
If you ever quit your job, you could become a comedian.
Momma

Mocha with Linda said...

Too funny!

My black box would have to cover a lot more than just my armpits. . . .

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.