Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More itching!


Look how curly Gunter's hair is now! He looks more like his daddy since it's gotten so curly.
I'll be away from the computer for the next few days, so I wanted to go ahead and drop a prayer request out here...

As I wrote in my June 17 post, Gunter has been itching since the week after we found out he was in remission. The reason this is a concern (besides the fact that he scratches all the dern time) is that persistent itching can be a symptom of Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The hospital took a unit of blood, and that seemed to help for about a week. He's been itching ever since, mostly on one arm and around his waist. Now, he also has a rash on that arm and a sore spot on his chest.

Even though this sounds like it has nothing to do with cancer, they've moved his three-month scans up to Monday, July 28, only a little over a month since his first scans. This time, he'll have a PET scan instead of just a CT. Dr. Davidson also wants to refer him to a dermatologist.

I'm not overly concerned, but of course, it's my nature to be just a little concerned. Please pray that we'll get to the bottom of why he's itching and sore, and that he's still in full remission. We hope it's minor and easily treatable, but God's plan is always perfect.

Thanks for your prayers, and have a great weekend! (Aren't ALL weekends great?!)

1 comment:

The Reeds said...

We will definitely be praying! I think he is on the path to perfect health again, but I know it's easy to worry. Please keep us posted!